Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Y6 Copter build log on Google docs

To experiment with documentation I added pictures and descriptions of the build process of my Y6 hexa/multi -copter to A Google doc.

While I love Google docs and drive, and use them a ton for notes, I'm not sure this is the best way to publish continuous updates to projects. I searched a bit for something specifically for makers, tinkerers, hobbyists, etc to post their projects on. I came up with contenders such as thingiverse, github, knowables.org (looks promising!), but they didn't really seem to have what I wanted.

As I thought about it, it hit me that "build log" is not far off from "web log".. Duh!

So I'm going to give this format/medium a try, and keep labels for specific projects. Hopefully this will keep things fairly organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment